Skip to main content

Tithing, Keeping the Sabbath Holy, Obeying God's Command to "Go TO CHURCH!" To Justify Your Righteousness?

I don't believe I "walk in the Spirit" and perfectly obey the leading of the Holy Spirit very well.  But I know God will guide me if I let Him and synchronize my thinking with what He says in His word.
In a nutshell, preachers often not trusting God will provide manipulate people to give "tithes". I am lead to give the church I attend money.  My wife and I like to do that and feel lead to to some extent.  But if you give all your resources to a church that doesn't use the money for things that you are really lead to give to then you may need to pray for God to show you how to best allocate your giving.  Or whatever I'm not trying to be like them and make up more rules.  This kind of thing creates Pharisees out of believers.  It sends you into a ditch and once you start making a list of things you need to do to be a "good Christian" you are caught up in works for justification.  It is not like that for believers. Newsflash, you are not a good Christian.  But you are considered Righteous in Jesus Christ and that is all that matters concerning our Justification before God.  Are we to be a doer of the word and not a hearer only?  Then stop agreeing with preachers that make you feel good about yourself because you are going to church faithfully and tithing faithfully. 
If that is you maybe you should stop going to church and stop giving and spend that time praying that God would lead you to the truth about this stuff.  It is important because this kind of behavior leads people to think they are "doing good".  We are to run the race  and the race is not over the moment you get saved.  Think about others that are not saved and speak the gospel of peace as an ambassador for Jesus Christ.  If you think you aren't an Ambassador for Jesus Christ and a minister of reconciliation then maybe you should look in the mirror and see if you are in sin.   For anything not of faith is sin. 
Anything that is not of faith is sin.  I speak to people about Jesus and church and the majority try to justify what they do concerning not going to church or not tithing or they are guilty and say things you know they are feeling guilty as they often say as much.  So in Romans 14 this phrase in English is contained therein: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin. 
It is important to not twist scriptures.  As believers in Jesus Christ we are to give joyfully or don't give.  How many times do you hear someone say, "freely you've been given so freely give" in reference to giving?  I hear it regularly.  But what about giving the gospel to someone freely, what about praying for someone that needs a healing and God lays that on your heart to do that then do that. 
As Christians we are instructed to take care of our family.  Anyone that doesn't is considered an infidel.
There are so many verses that I've come to see preachers use for their own purpose such as tithing. 
Here is another one: Hebrews 10:25 KJV.  What does that mean to you?  To me it is all about believing in the hope of our redemption through Jesus Christ at the Resurrection of the saints.  You could also call it the gathering.  A noun not a verb.  Do not abandon the hope of your redemption and resurrection or perhaps a catching up as the Saducees do.  The Saducees did not believe in a resurrection. That time is approaching it seems and I am even more encouraged to place my expectant confidence in Jesus Christ and the soon complete gathering. 
While some are making sure they "go to church" and "tithe" I'll continue giving joyfully, speaking with people about Jesus and meeting with my brothers and sisters in Christ wherever I am and encouraging people to turn away from the sin of "being a good Christian". You are rotten to the core in your flesh and working to make God think you deserve to be with Jesus forever is an error in theology and heart beliefs.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is Dan Mohler A False Teacher?

I have heard many sermons by Dan Mohler that I really loved.  And then I also experienced some supernatural things and saw people getting healed and I really thought of Dan Mohler as one of the best teachers on healing and how we are supposed to live out the life as a believer.  But red flags have continued to pop up in my mind over the last five years in my faith journey. And I have had many friends that love Dan Mohler's teachings.  My incessant searching for others that notice things that I notice about false teaching and false teachers and spiritual blindness in those that are deceived in the church. So far the problem I've found with some of Dan Mohler's loudest critics is that they either discount him completely because they are cessationists (don't believe in any of the spiritual gifts for today's body of Christ), or they are hyper sensitive to something Dan teaches and are dogmatic that he has a different spirit and gospel. I do not really know. But som

Welcome To Your New World Slaves