Skip to main content

Can We Know God's Purpose and Will for the Life of a Believer

 


Yes we can by looking at the Bible:

I believe we all have individual purposes in our lives to fulfill from God. I believe one of mine was adopting and raising my daughter despite being married to a contentious woman with a mental disorder (which I believe is a spiritual issue). All things work for good for those that love God, to them that are called according to his purpose.  

God put it on my heart to evangelize. That's in my heart and although I often feel that I'm not doing enough in that regard my feelings have little to do with it.  One thing I can say is all believers are called to speak the truth about Jesus Christ. Collectively we have our marching orders. What Jesus told the disciples to do is also for us to do.  Not all of us will be martyrs though.  

Matthew 28:18-20

And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

All that are born again have the power of the Holy Spirit to access in the work God has for us.

Mark 16:15-20 

And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

19 So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.

20 And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.

We  have access to all the power we need to cast out devils, heal the sick, preach the gospel of Jesus Christ, speak in tongues and see things we can't even imagine until God gives us these divine appointments. And to me I see in Ephesians where we have been saved unto good works and that we should seek the greater gifts.  

The Holy Spirit will give those out even more so the more we seek God's will for our lives (I believe that is biblical).  I got saved in the middle of 2012. God put it on my heart first to read the entire bible and in 2013 He put it on my heart to seek to speak the truth about Jesus and evangelize to the lost and edify believers. I was shocked at how many believers in Jesus Christ are biblically illiterate. I read Mark 16 and was like, "God why don't I see anyone doing these things or believing your word. Maybe I'm missing something." But He kept me out of church and I started a home church. 

Through the power of the Holy Spirit we all can cast out devils, lay hands on the sick and see immediate healing very often, and speak in tongues. I'm not someone that says if you don't do these things you don't believe but by faith it is accessible for all believers it does appear.  The people that don't do these things ever likely either have been taught that healing and casting out demons and speaking in tongues was for another time (false teachers teach this/Calvinists).

And here is a promise from God which demonstrates His will for our lives and an assurance that He knows what we need and He will make sure we have what we need to live. 

Matthew 6:30-34  Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?

31 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?

32 (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.

33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

34 Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

Do we believe this or not?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is Dan Mohler A False Teacher?

I have heard many sermons by Dan Mohler that I really loved.  And then I also experienced some supernatural things and saw people getting healed and I really thought of Dan Mohler as one of the best teachers on healing and how we are supposed to live out the life as a believer.  But red flags have continued to pop up in my mind over the last five years in my faith journey. And I have had many friends that love Dan Mohler's teachings.  My incessant searching for others that notice things that I notice about false teaching and false teachers and spiritual blindness in those that are deceived in the church. So far the problem I've found with some of Dan Mohler's loudest critics is that they either discount him completely because they are cessationists (don't believe in any of the spiritual gifts for today's body of Christ), or they are hyper sensitive to something Dan teaches and are dogmatic that he has a different spirit and gospel. I do not really know. But som

Welcome To Your New World Slaves