Skip to main content

Can two walk together, except they be agreed?

If you've ever had someone that believes a false gospel or proclaims a false gospel ask you over for fellowship, how do you respond?  Sometimes people may be in the ditch and not realize it even though the life they are living is pointing to the error.  Word of faith believers that are sick all the time is one example.  Claiming the "Lord" has spoken to them and said another believer never sins.  Trying to use that as a proof that someone they idolize is not a false teacher.  Things so crazy like this and then this same person may want to for example teach a class or lead a bible study.  What are these people really doing?  They are defending and promoting a different gospel.  They do not see that they are deceived and trying to deceive others with a works based salvation message.

A believer's works are a reflection of their faith.  So we do have works to aspire to and to do and the greater gifts to seek.  Maybe we have been given the gifts of healing or something really incredible to witness.  Maybe another person has not. But to chase miracles is to put yourself into great danger.  Why? Because if you care about supernatural things you can get that too from entities other than God.

1 John 1:5-6 KJV
This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.

If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:

1 John 1:7 KJV
But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

1 John 1:8-9 KJV
If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

1 John 1:10 KJV
If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

If you ask a follower of the NAR for example what was the reason Jesus came to this earth you might get all kinds of answers that revolve around being an example for us, teaching us things, loving people, etc.. But what you rarely here is scripture or the gospel.  

If you ask a deceived word of faither what the gospel that saves is, you will also get all kinds of cryptic and vague answers. Most common one I've heard is, "you have to be surrendered to Jesus".  Not that I have a problem with people submitting their lives to God and trying to work for the Lord as God wants us to do, but going beyond that and trying to marry sanctification and justification as one in the same is very confusing.  Many Christians do this..  But followers of  NAR teachers like Todd White and Bill Johnson and Dan Mohler  tend to not know how to answer the question correctly of "What is the Gospel"?


1 Timothy 1:15-17 KJV
This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.

Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen.



John 18:36-37 KJV
Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.
Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.


John 12:27 KJV
Now is my soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour.

1 John 4:10 KJV
Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

Romans 8:3-4 KJV 
For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Hebrews 9:26 KJV
For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.

Titus 2:13-14 KJV
Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;
Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

JESUS CAME TO DIE FOR THE SINS OF THE WORLD


John 12:24-27 KJV
Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.
He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.
If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will my Father honour.
 Now is my soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour.


1 Corinthians 15: 1-7
Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve:
After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep.
After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is Dan Mohler A False Teacher?

I have heard many sermons by Dan Mohler that I really loved.  And then I also experienced some supernatural things and saw people getting healed and I really thought of Dan Mohler as one of the best teachers on healing and how we are supposed to live out the life as a believer.  But red flags have continued to pop up in my mind over the last five years in my faith journey. And I have had many friends that love Dan Mohler's teachings.  My incessant searching for others that notice things that I notice about false teaching and false teachers and spiritual blindness in those that are deceived in the church. So far the problem I've found with some of Dan Mohler's loudest critics is that they either discount him completely because they are cessationists (don't believe in any of the spiritual gifts for today's body of Christ), or they are hyper sensitive to something Dan teaches and are dogmatic that he has a different spirit and gospel. I do not really know. But som

Welcome To Your New World Slaves