Skip to main content

The Battle for Self Control


You cannot be happy as a believer if you are not living as God wants you to live. If you live disobediently against God then you will suffer the consequences.

Galatians 5:22-23 KJV
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

Desires that control us: Desires for...


  • Acceptance from others
  • Acceptance and for people to love you
  • Wealth and security
  • To achieve and excel
  • Sex
  • Notoriety and fame
  • Happiness
  • Personal attractiveness
  • Controlling others
  • Self acceptance
-Self control requires that we think before we act.
-You must believe in your heart that the Holy Spirit within you will enable you to overcome all kinds of sin.
-You must submit yourself to God.

Before you do something you must think:
How will it impact me spiritually?
How will this impact my health?
How will it impact my finances?
How will it impact what others think of you?

What are the consequences of my actions?
How do others see me by my choices?

God has provided his best for us and that isn't always easy for us. 
What is better than God's best? Nothing.

Whatever a man sows he will he also reap. 

Look at friends that are on drugs.  What has happened to them?
What happens to Christians that are drunks?  Destruction... Look at Christian lawyer from Decatur, AL that got drunk and killed a family of Chinese immigrants near Warrior AL interstate 65 in 2019.

What am I doing in life that is cheating me out of God's best for my life? 
What is it you cannot let go of?
What is shutting the door on the blessings of God?

It is dangerous to listen to the gospel and not respond to God.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is Dan Mohler A False Teacher?

I have heard many sermons by Dan Mohler that I really loved.  And then I also experienced some supernatural things and saw people getting healed and I really thought of Dan Mohler as one of the best teachers on healing and how we are supposed to live out the life as a believer.  But red flags have continued to pop up in my mind over the last five years in my faith journey. And I have had many friends that love Dan Mohler's teachings.  My incessant searching for others that notice things that I notice about false teaching and false teachers and spiritual blindness in those that are deceived in the church. So far the problem I've found with some of Dan Mohler's loudest critics is that they either discount him completely because they are cessationists (don't believe in any of the spiritual gifts for today's body of Christ), or they are hyper sensitive to something Dan teaches and are dogmatic that he has a different spirit and gospel. I do not really know. But som

Welcome To Your New World Slaves